70 by 40 - Ultimate Ramblings

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ultimate History Book – Help me get some more press

Sure, Kenny doesn’t like the book, and I found a mistake in less than 1 minute of reading, but I’m pro ultimate and I like Tony a lot, he’s a funny funny guy. So…

According to RSD today, they are going to be getting some upcoming mentions in both Sports Illustrated and the NY Times.

My girlfriend’s dad is a sports reporter for the LA Times. He’s already gotten two free copies of the book from PR reps. He would love to get us in the sports section somehow again(he got the Condors a small mention when we won Natties in ’01), but it needs to be organic to something either relating to Los Angeles or Joel Silver. Apparently, the PR guy wants him to interview Joel Silver. He asked me if I had anything that would make a good question that I could ask him that might make a Briefing item? I talked about how ultimate is attracting more athletes, and talked about how one of the Condors from LA has a brother that was a QB in the Rose Bowl a few years ago and some other LA-centric stuff.

Today, I’m throwing it out there to the blogosphere. Got any other ideas/angles you’d like to see Larry try and explore or ask Joel to help the book? If you do, let’s hear those comments.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home