70 by 40 - Ultimate Ramblings

Monday, August 20, 2007

so much for confidence

if anything, it was MY confidence that brought the team down. i'd gotten so used to them catching every bomb i tossed out there, i figured it would happen all weekend. not. numerous huge perfect hucks from me (and a few dicey ones) went off people's hands, were lost in the sun, or just simply were not tracked down properly. we lost 11-9 in semis to a team we beat twice this season. i think the fact that my hucks were all i was used to on this team didn't allow me to adjust and play a different game (touch every other, me be a target, etc. etc.). oh, that and the freaking OPEN BAR party friday night. sure, i left at midnight, but i was 6-8 drinks deep plus car bombs, so maybe that had something to do with my lack of being able to run.

first tourney lost this year. i was 5-0 before this and my dream of holding every LA county title in "Tiger Slam" style took a turn stinkier than those fields next to the industrial plants of san pedro. but tempe, winter league, st. pat's hat, DUI and Huck It Long Beach was a pretty nice run. Nice enough to make me and maybe others think I still have enough game to play with the pros. stay tuned this week for a big announcement regarding the club season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home